7 Easy and effective home remedies for white hair
Nobody wants to have white hair on their head until and unless they have crossed the age of 40. However, nowadays even teenagers can be seen with grey hair. It is okay if you have grey hair after the age of 40 but it is very annoying if you have white hair in your teenage or early 20’s. People who have grey hair at an early age do not try to find out “Can white hair turn black again naturally?” Instead they start applying chemical dyes which give a black color to their hair but along with artificial black color it also leaves a no. of side effects. It is highly recommended that for any problem before turning towards artificial or synthetic solutions you should always try to find a solution that uses natural products instead of synthetic ones. Before going for those chemical products first you should try home remedies for white hair.
For example, in this case instead of applying chemical dyes you should try to find out how to make hair black naturally without dye?
Factor that decide color of your hair:
Hair is mainly made up of keratin protein. Hair follicle is surrounded by melanocytes which produces melanin. Keratin is the building block of hair while melanin is responsible for black color of your hair. Low production of melanin causes black hair to turn white or grey. Low production of melanin could be because of reasons like genetics, age, improper diet, stress, and many more. Of these many factors some can be cured while others cannot. The better part is grey hair can be cured without any chemical or clinical treatment i.e. natural home remedies for black hair do exist. There are natural home remedies for white hair which are really effective and can turn white hair to black again and you neither need to expose your hair to those harmful chemical products nor need spend much amount on it.
Can white hair turn black again?
The answer to question “Can white hair turn black again?” is yes. It is possible if whitening or greying of hair has happened because of external factors like stress, improper diet, pollution, bleaching, etc. but it cannot be cared if it is because of ageing, genetics or some other internal chemical changes.
Can white hair turn black naturally?
The answer to the question “Can white hair turn black naturally?” is yes. There are a lot of home remedies to for white hair that are effective and convert white hair to black naturally without exposing you to the side effects of chemical and clinical treatments. Now first of all we will take a look at those factors that need no treatment not even home remedies for white hair but are precautionary measures and will sort of prevent growing of white hair.
Eating healthy and balanced diet not only helps you to be fit and active but also helps in prevention of growth of white hair. Consume food that is rich in Vitamin B12, vitamin B5, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, iron, biotin and protein to prevent the growth of white hair.
A stress of an hour or a day won’t make your hair grey but if you are under constant stress then that would definitely lead to greying of your hair. So, to avoid greying of your hair you should avoid being under stress.
Like stress smoking won’t cause greying of your hair if it is done in small amounts but if it is done in excess then it will definitely lead to greying of your hair. Hence, it is advisable to quit smoking if you are really concerned about your hair.
You should follow above points very strictly as it will not only prevent growth of grey hair but also boost overall health of your body and increase your productivity.
7 Natural home remedies for white hair
Now, let’s go through top 10 natural home remedies for white hair that will make you answer the question “Can white hair turn black again?” in yes and you would convert white hair to black naturally.
- Black Tea
- Lemon juice and coconut oil
- Curry leaves and coconut oil
- Ridge gourd and coconut oil
- Henna and coffee
- Sage leaves
- Fenugreek seeds
Black Tea rinse
Black Tea is one of the most effective remedies for white hair that will help you to get rid of white hair due to premature greying of hair. It also acts as a natural dye for white hair that will not only make your hair darker but also add shine to your locks. Process for making and applying black tea rinse to convert white hair to black is as follows:
- Boil two tablespoon of black tea with one cup of water.
- Allow it to cool and add a tablespoon of salt to it.
- Massage it on your scalp and hair.
- After an hour wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Frequency: For best results use it twice or thrice a week.
As you all know coconut oil is very useful for health of hair in various dimensions. Now let’s dive in to know how various combinations of coconut oil can act as one of the best home remedies for white hair and convert white hair to black naturally.
Coconut oil with lemon juice:
Have you ever thought that the mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice would help you get rid of white hair and would convert white hair to black naturally? No, right. But it does, this mixture is also one of the best natural home remedies for white hair. Follow the below procedure to know how to turn white hair into black hair naturally.
- Extract fresh lemon juice from fresh lemons.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice into 7-8 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Massage it in your scalp and comb it till the tip of your hair.
- Leave it for around an hour before washing it with mild shampoo.
Coconut oil and curry leaves:
Curry leaves is rich in Vitamin B. It also helps to restore melanin which results in natural dark hair. Mixture of coconut oil and curry leaves is said to be a foolproof solution for white hair. Follow the below procedure to use mixture of coconut oil and curry leaves as a home remedy for white hair.
- Boil a handful of curry leaves in almost one cup of coconut oil until they turn black.
- Allow it cool.
- Once cooled, strain it and massage it on your scalp.
- Now comb till the tip of hair and leave it for around an hour.
- Wash off with mild shampoo.
Ridge gourd and coconut oil:
Ridge gourd is believed to restore the pigment melanin naturally resulting in conversion of white hair to black naturally. You can get rid of white hair by using this natural remedy. To use ridge gourd to your advantage for turning white hair to black you need to follow below procedure.
- Chop and dry the ridge gourd in sunlight.
- Once it is dried thoroughly, soak it in coconut oil for 4 days.
- After 4 days boil this mixture until a black residue is obtained.
- Apply this residue to your hair and leave it for about an hour.
- After an hour wash it off with mild shampoo.
Henna and coffee:
Henna and coffee both are widely used as natural colorant. These not only acts as natural colorant but also prevent premature greying of hair. You can apply the mixture of henna and coffee to your hair and convert white hair to black naturally.
- Boil one tablespoon of coffee to boiling water to prepare a brew.
- Now add 5 tablespoon of henna to above prepared brew and make a paste of it.
- Now apply this paste to your hair and leave it for an hour.
- After an hour wash it off with mild shampoo.
Sage leaves helps to restore the pigments resulting in prevention of growth of white hair and restoring black color hair naturally. Follow below procedure to use sage leaves to treat your white hair naturally:
- Boil the sage leaves in water and allow it cool.
- Once cooled spray this sage leaves water to your hair.
- Wait for around an hour before washing it off with mild shampoo.
Fenugreek seeds are very useful for health of your hair. It helps you in many dimensions like it helps preserve natural color, fights dandruff and many more. Use fenugreek seeds in following manner to use as home remedies for white hair:
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning grind the seeds with water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and leave it for around an hour.
- After an hour wash it with mild shampoo.
Frequency: For best results use it twice a week.
Please check out article on Natural home remedies for hair loss as well